EuroCv's Privacy Agreement
This web site is operated by EuroCv as described below. EuroCv is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We strive to provide a safe, secure user experience. The aim of this Statement is to inform you how we will use any personal data which you provide through this web site and does not apply to information we collect in any other ways. This Statement is aimed at job seekers and employers.
EuroCv complies with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
Our sites contain links to other web sites over which we have no control. EuroCv is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to the information we collect on this web site and does not apply to information we collect in any other ways.
Collection and Retention of Information
In some areas of our web site, EuroCv requests that you provide personal data, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, contact information and other information from which your identity is discernible. In other areas of our web site, EuroCv collects or may collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your postcode, age, gender and the types of work in which you are interested. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information. Examples of areas on this site where we collect personal or combined personal and demographic data are pages where you can open a EuroCv account, sign up to use the service, post a CV and promote oneself. In each case, it is indicated on the web site whether any data must be provided to use the required service or not.We also gather or may gather certain personal information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by EuroCv. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses, but is not linked to your personal information.We may sometimes afford you the opportunity to provide descriptive, cultural, behavioral, preferential and/or life style information about yourself but it is solely up to you whether you furnish such information. If you do provide such information, you are thereby consenting to the use of that information in accordance with the policies and practices described in this Privacy Statement. For example, such information may be used for the purpose of determining your potential interest in receiving e-mail or other communications about particular products or services.
If you use our facilities to build a CV to put in our database of job seekers? CVs, then you will be providing us with personal data which we will use in accordance with this Statement. We strongly suggest that your CV should not contain data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health (vi) sexual life or (vii) the commission of criminal offenses or proceedings. If your CV does contain such data, then you agree that we may retain this information and use it in accordance with this Statement.Posting to Public Areas of EuroCv. Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of EuroCv, such as in online forums or chat rooms, or in the searchable CV database, such information may be collected and used by others over whom EuroCv has no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of EuroCv.
Use of Your Information by EuroCv
We use the information we gather on the web site whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of administering and managing your registration, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving the web site, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer to job seekers and employers.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We do not disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of the web site (such as the areas you visit or the services you access), except as set forth below.
1. We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your CV searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable CV database (or copies thereof) will have access to that database. You may make your CV unsearchable at any time.
2. We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf including data processors and including companies and individuals located outside the European Economic Area. The functions performed on our behalf include hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will retain control of and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
3. We may disclose such information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to:
(a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
(b) protect the rights or property of EuroCv or its affiliated companies;
(c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or
(d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of EuroCv's business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event EuroCv becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, EuroCv or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the EuroCv site.
Other Uses of Information
EuroCv may also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to its web sites with its clients, partners and other third parties so that they may understand the kinds of visitors to EuroCv's site and how those visitors use the site. Your personal data will be stored and processed on computers in the European Union as described below. The information we gather on any EuroCv web site may be shared within the EuroCv in order to deliver the products and services we offer to employers such as assisted searches for jobseekers or in order to undertake analysis of our database such as aggregated profiling of our registered users.
Furthermore, some of the employers or employment agencies that are interested in your CV may be located outside of the European Economic Area on a worldwide basis. Such countries may not have equivalent data protection legislation protecting the use of your personal data. We will not send your personal data to these employers in these countries unless you have indicated that you would like your CV to be searchable. By providing this indication, you expressly consent to such transfers of data occurring.
Since EuroCv is a career site, we give you the option of putting your CV in our database. There are two ways of doing this:
1. You can store your CV in our database, but not allow it to be searchable by potential employers. Not allowing your CV to be searchable means that you can use it to apply for a job online, but employers and recruiters will not have access to search it through our CV database product.
2. If you allow your CV to be searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable CV database (or copies thereof) will have access to your CV. You can also allow your CV to be searchable but remove your contact details. However, you should be aware that in this situation if you have a rare skill, it may still be possible for a recruiter to identify you even without your contact details being included. If you are worried about being identified, you should not include specific skill or details by which you could be identified.
We are not responsible for the use made of CVs by third parties who access such CVs while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your CV from our searchable database at any time, details of how to do this are given below.
If you provide us with details of a referee, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
Updating or Deleting Your Information
You may review, correct, update or change your EuroCv account profile information or CV at any time, at any language. Simply log into your EuroCv account, go to your Account Profile or CV, review your account information or CV and, if you wish, edit it with the options provided. You may also delete your CV through this method.If you wish to delete your 'My EuroCv' account profile information at any time click on delete Cv button in the edit mode after your logon.
Since we believe that managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as detailed above. Moreover, you can delete your CV from EuroCv's online database or close your EuroCv account at any time. If you do this, we will remove all our copies of your CV.
EuroCv has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. In particular, all account and password data is encrypted (i.e. it is scrambled between your computer and EuroCv's servers). Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You should be aware that CV?s you complete at your current place of work may be monitored by your current employer.
EuroCv is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to change the substance of our Privacy Statement for EuroCv, we will post those changes through a prominent notice on the web site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it. If at any time, you have questions or concerns about EuroCv's Privacy Statement, please feel free to email us at staff@euroCv.eu
Thank you for using EuroCv Services.